Turning Point Restaurants Coronavirus Statement
Turning Point is closely monitoring the impact coronavirus is having on the communities in which we operate. As always, our number one priority is protecting the well-being of employees and customers, and this principle guides each and every decision we make.
At this time, all Turning Point Restaurants remain open for contactless curbside pick-up and delivery, through Uber Eats, Door Dash & GrubHub, to serve you during our usual operating hours of 7am-3pm. We are taking proactive steps to help ensure the safety in our restaurants across all our communities in partnership with local and national health authorities, and as the situation continues to evolve, so will our policies.
Is it safe to eat Turning Point food and beverages during coronavirus?
COVID-19 is not a foodborne illness according to the CDC’s frequently asked questions. While it may be possible to become infected if an object that has the virus on it comes in contact with a person’s mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. Additionally, before preparing or eating food, it is important to always wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds for general food safety.
What are the Risks of Grocery Shopping Verse Food deliveries?
Read this interesting article from the Wall Street Journal.
What is The Turning Point doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- The health and safety of restaurant employees and customers is a top priority. In addition to our standard sanitation procedures, as part of The Turning Points response to coronavirus, our restaurant teams have:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection of high-touchpoint surfaces,
- Continued our high standards of promoting regular and thorough handwashing and reminding our crew members of our best practices for personal hygiene,
- Where available, increased the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer as a supplement to frequent handwashing,
- Trained our crew members of current social distancing procedures,
- Implemented contactless operations,
- Closed all dining rooms
- Required any employee who is ill to stay home from work.
Additionally, we are providing scenario-based guidance to restaurant management on how to work through various COVID-19 related situations, and communicating health and safety guidance updates from federal health authorities. We will continue to evaluate all safety measures currently in place, and adjust accordingly as we remain focused on the health and safety of restaurant employees and you, our customers.
The wearing of gloves and masks by all employees is mandatory in all Turning Point Restaurants. Additionally, our supply chain has done an amazing job of securing gloves & masks for restaurant employees.
We continue to review public health guidance to ensure that we have the right policies in place to help prevent the spread of the virus.